Monday 11 March 2013

Games

Big gaming companies have finally awoken to the reality that there are more and more girls and women who play games - yay!
I am going to review some of them from a very female perspective with very little technical knowledge nor experience with building computers, graphics design nor any other specialized field that some other game reviewers have.

Long story short, I play games because I like playing games. I am not an expert in any field, I pretty much know how to turn on the PC and press "play" but I am not a total blondie either - I for example know how to build a spellcast for my whitemage in FFXI ;)

I own PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, PSP, PC, Laptop (specs coming later) and a Samsung S3 smartphone.

About me: I am a young woman who plays games. I work and live in London, UK. I am not obese slob (like Eric Cartman in the Wow episode!) nor do I have any serious addiction (at least at the moment!) to any RPGS (Like Penny did in Big Bang Theory to Age of Conan!).
I do get engulfed sometimes to gaming if something really takes my fancy but I try to keep my real life in check as well.

I mainly like fantasy RPGs (big Final Fantasy fan!), but recently have also played a lot of SWTOR and last weekend I wasted the whole weekend by playing the newest SimCity (which by the way is pretty addicting regardless the problems everyone seems to have with logging on for the moment). I also have soft spot for games such as Civilization, Red Alert, Starcraft, Settlers, Diablo series etc. without forgetting my secret guilty pleasure MARIO! I play quite a bit also with my smartphone, mainly to pass time while commuting to work.

Occasionally I might write something about movies or TV shows I watch.
I am a huge Family Guy fan (and American Dad) and everytime Family Guy is on, yes... I always sing the tune with the show like a 5 year old.
I like Sci-fi, loved Farscape (yes!) and Babylon 5. Star Trek Voyager is my favourite of Star Treks. Loved Lost the 1st time I watched it and actually liked it more the 2nd time because I knew what I was looking for. Battlestar Galactica was awesome for a bit but they dragged it too long. Same goes with Heroes, which was brilliant to begin with. ANYWAY - I shall write about all these later.

Thanks for following my site and I appreciate all the feedback and comments that I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment